- You are responsible for all materials checked out on your card.
- Books, CDs, audio books and most other materials are loaned for 21 days.
- DVDs are loaned for 7 days.
- Express materials may be borrowed for 7 days.
- Interlibrary loan material circulates for a period specified by the owning library.
- Reference and genealogy materials, newspapers, and some magazines may be used in the library only.
- Downloadable material has many checkout periods. Check per type borrowed.
- New patrons may borrow up to 6 books, audio books or magazines.
- Juvenile patrons may not borrow R videos.
- Computer Access patrons may not borrow.
- Patrons may borrow up to
- 5 Express video games
- 5 Express DVDs
- 5 Express books
- 25 music CDs
- 6 21-day video games
- 10 holdable 7-day videos
- 10 Overdrive digital items
- Use My Account at www.acpl.info
- Call (260) 421-1240.
- Do it yourself at the self-check stations (Must have your library and material.)
- Ask for staff assistance at the Checkout desk. (Must present your library card.)
- Most material can be renewed 5 times. (Unless there is a hold.)
- Express material, interlibrary loans and some downloadable material may not be renewed.
- Materials may be returned to any Allen County Public Library.
- Certain downloadable material is automatically removed from your account on the due date.
- eBooks can be checked in before the due date.
- Books drops are available during closed hours.
- You may place up to 5 holds.
- You may place a hold with staff assistance, at www.acpl.info or using the ACPL mobile app.
- Express material is not holdable.
- You will be notified when a hold is available if you select email or phone notification and provide your current email address or telephone number.
- Holds will be held for 7 days and then pulled if not picked up.
- You may also place up to 5 holds on specific types of downloadable material.
Fines & Fees
- A fine is charged for each day an item is overdue.
- The fine for most material is $.25 per day. ($5.00 maximum per item)
- The fine for Express materials and interlibrary items is $1.00 per day. ($6.00 maximum per item)
- A $3.00 fee is billed to replace a lost library card. (The first replacement is free.)
- Patrons owing $15.00 or more are blocked from borrowing, renewing or placing holds.
- Patrons are charged the replacement fee and a $5.00 processing fee for each item lost, damaged or returned incomplete.
- Adult accounts owing $35.00 or more are referred to a collection agency. A $10.00 referral fee is billed at that time. Patron privileges are suspended until the account is paid in full.
- Fees may be paid by cash, check or charge (Visa, MasterCard or Discover) at any library, at www.acpl.info, using the ACPL app and by calling (260) 421-1200, ext. 4011).
- Overdue notices are sent to patrons who select email or phone notification and provide your current email address or telephone number.
The library uses ILLiad
software to expedite interlibrary loan service to ACPL patrons. You need to register with ILLiad
the first time you use it. Subsequently, logging on with library card number and password will connect you to ILLiad
. You can make requests, track your requests, view your request history, and receive your articles electronically.The library will not borrow books published within the past two years or any media, e.g. movies, music, software, etc.
Restrictions on borrowing materials
Computer Access patrons may not borrow materials.
- Patrons under the age of 18 may not borrow 3-day equipment or R-rated movies.
- PLAC patrons may not borrow downloadable audio books or eBooks.
- PLAC patrons will not be provided with access to online subscription databases.
- ACPL will not provide Interlibrary Loan service for PLAC patrons.
- Subscription patrons may not borrow downloadable materials.