Did you know that the library offers a service where librarians will handpick a selection of books/DVDs/etc. for you?
This service is called a custom collection, and it is available at every Allen County Public Library location! Custom collections are very useful because they save you both time and energy. They're also fun because librarians may be able to find some hidden gems to include in your collection.
Who can request a custom collection? Anyone! Maybe you're a...
- Homeschool parent who needs books to supplement your curriculum.
- College student who needs 20 different versions of the Cinderella fairy tale.
- Fifth grader who's doing a report on Spain.
- Second grader who's just starting to read chapter books and wants to know about some good ones.
- Parent of a toddler who absolutely loves dinosaurs and wants more dinosaur picture books.
Either way, we can create a custom collection just for you!
If you are interested in requesting a custom collection, you can do so by filling out this form online. You can also call or visit your favorite ACPL location and talk to a librarian about putting a custom collection together from the materials at their location.
One thing to keep in mind is that the Main Library needs 1 week to put a collection together, and branches need 2 weeks. It may seem like a long wait, but I assure you it'll be worth it!