National Library Week 2017
Ask us what we love about working for the Allen County Public Library, and you'll receive a variety of answers.
- "I get to connect with other people who love reading as much as I do!"
- "Questions! I'm a curious person and every time I'm asked a question, I'm given the opportunity to learn something new."
- "Everyone is welcome here. It doesn't matter how much money you have, where you're from, what religion you practice (or don't). It doesn't matter how old you are (or how young you are). Ethnicity doesn't matter. Sexual orientation doesn't matter. Everyone has the same opportunities for personal growth and enrichment."
- "I make a difference in someone's life. Every single day. I can't think of anything better."
- "We get to connect hungry minds with information, provide technology and help people use it, and watch young people turn into readers."
Here are a few photos with a few more answers from the less camera-shy of us! Click on each photo to view it as a larger image.
Thanks for celebrating another National Library Week with us! And please feel free to share what you love about ACPL in the comments!
Becky likes to read … A LOT. When she’s not reading, she likes to pretend that she can garden. Her thumb has no hint of green whatsoever but luckily her plants are forgiving. Her favorite books are The Shannara series by Terry Brooks