Did you know that ACPL has a fantastic selection of online newsletters? Created with readers in mind, the BookTalk
section of our website offers more than a dozen newsletters to choose from. You can sign up to receive free newsletters via email, and we’ve also included links to free lists elsewhere on the web. Each ACPL newsletter contains brief descriptions of the titles listed as well as links to our catalog so you can more easily place holds on items of interest.
- New Arrivals. This newsletter highlights a different ACPL location each month and features recent additions to the collection. This is a great way to browse the new bookshelf from the comfort of your home.
- New Audiobooks. Each month, you’ll read about new spoken-word audios to keep you entertained, enlightened and in-the-know.
- New eBooks. Do you have an eReader? We’re adding new titles each month. Get a first look at them here.
- Most Popular. Curious about what other people are reading? This is the newsletter for you.
- Staff Picks. Ever wonder what library staff like to read? Staff Picks gives you an inside look.
- Best Sellers and Awards. Here’s one of those collections of links I mentioned. Like the Best of lists I like to check out from time to time, I personally love these lists because they remind me of titles I’ve been meaning to read and they alert me to many wonderful new-to-me authors.
In addition to the newsletters mentioned above, we have several other options to offer! Interested in business titles, children’s books, mysteries, romance novels, or science fiction? Newsletters on those topics and more can be sent to your inbox with just 3 easy steps. Step 1: On the Newsletters Signup page, click on the check box next to all of the newsletters you wish to receive. Step 2: Scroll down to the bottom of the page and Enter your email address in the box provided. Step 3: Click the Subscribe button below the email address box.
Becky likes to read … A LOT. When she’s not reading, she likes to pretend that she can garden. Her thumb has no hint of green whatsoever but luckily her plants are forgiving. Her favorite books are The Shannara series by Terry Brooks