79 search results for a few good books
- Celebrate Chinese New Year
- Chinese New Year begins today, February 8. It is the year of the monkey.
- color in Chinese culture and the envelopes are given to wish health, growth, and good luck to the children.
Here are a few stories and non-fiction (factual) books about Chinese New Year that you may
- Roller Girl
- Roller Girl, by Victoria Jamieson, is a 239 page graphic novel about a fifth grader named Astrid.
- Last week I was looking through a pile of well reviewed illustrated books for kids. These were books that might be good enough to merit the Caldecott Medal in 2016. As you can imagine, mostly the pile contained picture books and some poetry books with a few non-fiction books thrown in too. Then there was this one! Roller Girl, by Victoria Jamieson, is a 239 page graphic novel, books the best (with cookbooks a close second). Her favorite story is Duck on a Bike by David Shannon
- Time for Chickens
- It's always a good time for books about chickens! Preschoolers might like these.
- It's always a good time for books about chickens!
Here are a few that might make the preschoolers in your life laugh and learn. The Sky is Falling
by Mark Teague
Maybe you know of Chicken Little and how terrible it was going to be for everyone, 'no'. Her family has plenty of chickens so maybe one of those would make a good pet? Sure! Pookie turns out to be a great guard chicken and lots more too.
There are hundreds of books featuring
- The comic missteps of nostalgia
- What happens when revisiting an old favorite doesn't live up to the memory?
- , there are few redeeming qualities about this movie.
But is it a bad movie?
Objectively, yes, that is, by his definition, a good movie. It can be heartbreaking to try and revisit a piece of nostalgia, , Seamus Heaney, and Stephen Jay Gould on his bookshelf as well. Feel free to get in touch with him
- Life Lessons from Amy
- Amy Krouse Rosenthal, author of 28 books for kids, several memoirs for adults, essayist, filmmaker and wish maker, died March 13.
- more when she partnered with my very favorite illustrator, Peter Reynolds, on a few recent books, program for PreK-5th grade with a staff of about 20 teachers and assistants. Always in search of good, ; and Christmas Cookies; Bite-Size Holiday Lessons to her set of cookie-themed picture books, you are with your cookies. You remind me of what is good and possible in this world.”
She, ; two picture books perfect for the classroom, Exclamation Mark and Wumbers; and a pile of picture
- Animals by the Numbers
- Steve Jenkins' new book, Animals by the Numbers, will answer many of the questions you have about animals with illustrations!
- Steve Jenkins has written over 25 books for kids, most about animals. Actual Size helps us, are a few:
• Which animals live the longest? The shortest?
• Which animals cause the most human deaths, than a jet plane taking off! Good thing they are underwater!
Get Animals by the Numbers and other Steve Jenkins books at your favorite ACPL location! Looking for activities to pair with Steve Jenkins' books? Find them for eight of his books here
- Authors We'll Miss: Ursula Le Guin
- We lost another phenomenal author this month. Here's a short list of some of our favorite books by Ursula Le Guin.
- to, Mindy and I have a few recommendations for getting started. Mindy is one of our readers advisory rock stars at ACPL -- she reads A LOT and has a good sense of what books to recommend at any, Perhaps known best for her literary science fiction, Le Guin is one of few authors whose works can, be better? The books you are looking for are Catwings, Catwings Return, Wonderful Alexander, likes to pretend that she can garden. Her favorite books are The Spellman Files by Lisa Lutz
- Time is running out
- End of year research papers are looming....Did you know the library subscribes to databases that can help you get them done?
- Internet, there are also millions of not-so-good web sites. The library's subscription databases, number (without spaces) to access the databases from home. Here are a few examples of the products, that is keyword searchable. It houses many digital reference books that might come in handy for your research. Don't forget the library also has hundreds of thousands of books and other materials
- 3 Books I Want to Read Right Now...
- There are so many books that I can't wait to read! Here are 3 picture books that I'm really excited about!
- 3 Books I Want to Read Right Now, can be a little greedy when it comes to books. When we read a good book review, we want to have, until the book is published.
Here are just a few picture books that will be coming out in May, that I can't help but be captivated without even reading it! This is one of those picture books, Newsom Edwards.
I don't always go for the saccharine sweet when it comes to picture books, sound like anything new. Books about getting a new pet and learning about the responsibility
- Terraforming science into play
- Good science board games package nuggets of education in boxes of fun.
- and takes a few hours to play, but it fulfills the promise so many games fail to do -- it plays out, books we have on that are Mars: Our Future on the Red Planet by journalist Leonard David and Mars, played Evolution a few times, and it does show how survival depends on adapting to changing conditions, , not prepare for a career. And, if the game is good, to have fun.
And speaking of fun, one more plug