57 search results for a few good books
- Want to know what book comes next in a series?
- Want to know what book comes next in a series? FictFact is a favorite resource among librarians and it's free!
- As we've recently switched from wordpress to sitefinity for our blogs, it seems like a good time to revisit some of our best posts from the past few years. I wrote this post in April of 2012 and FictFact remains one of my favorite resources EVER. I love to read books in a series. A few, want to check the reading order for books in a series. That said, I have recently discovered a site, for series-lovers. What do I love about this website? Free email notification when new books
- Upcoming releases between the dates of June 15, 2016 and July 14, 2016.
- As summer crawls a little closer maybe it's time to take a few books to the beach. Here are a few upcoming releases coming to you between June 15 and July 14, 2016. These books are garnering good reviews. And, remember by little Petunia's these are the publishing dates not the dates they will line your local library shelves. Historical Romance Johanna Lindsey Make Me Love You, is an avid reader of historical romance books, maybe with a little trip into paranormal land
- Roller Girl
- Roller Girl, by Victoria Jamieson, is a 239 page graphic novel about a fifth grader named Astrid.
- Last week I was looking through a pile of well reviewed illustrated books for kids. These were books that might be good enough to merit the Caldecott Medal in 2016. As you can imagine, mostly the pile contained picture books and some poetry books with a few non-fiction books thrown in too. Then there was this one! Roller Girl, by Victoria Jamieson, is a 239 page graphic novel, books the best (with cookbooks a close second). Her favorite story is Duck on a Bike by David Shannon
- Vampire flicks: movies you can't see in a mirror
- As You Like It... the place to go for literary news, books reviews, and much more...
- , here are a few recent films to pique your interest. A Girl Walks Home Alone at Night Iranian, , so you can give it watch without ever leaving the house. Good thing, because you never know who, with Park Chan-wook's Thirst, Tomas Alfredson's Let the Right One In, or the surprisingly good, plenty of Neil Gaiman, Seamus Heaney, and Stephen Jay Gould on his bookshelf as well. Feel free to get
- Animals by the Numbers
- Steve Jenkins' new book, Animals by the Numbers, will answer many of the questions you have about animals with illustrations!
- Steve Jenkins has written over 25 books for kids, most about animals. Actual Size helps us, are a few:
• Which animals live the longest? The shortest?
• Which animals cause the most human deaths, than a jet plane taking off! Good thing they are underwater!
Get Animals by the Numbers and other Steve Jenkins books at your favorite ACPL location! Looking for activities to pair with Steve Jenkins' books? Find them for eight of his books here
- Celebrate Chinese New Year
- Chinese New Year begins today, February 8. It is the year of the monkey.
- color in Chinese culture and the envelopes are given to wish health, growth, and good luck to the children.
Here are a few stories and non-fiction (factual) books about Chinese New Year that you may
- Holy Guacamole! Upcoming Releases!!
- Yes, it's time for upcoming releases for the months of November 15 to December 14, 2017.
- Yes, it's time for upcoming releases for the months of November 15 to December 14, 2017. Winter's howling around the corner, it's time to get out a warm book and relax. Here are a few I'm hearing good things about. And, remember these dates reflect the release dates not the dates they will hit the library shelves.
Historical Romance Victoria Alexander The Lady Traveler’s Guide, is an avid reader of historical romance books, maybe with a little trip into paranormal land
- The comic missteps of nostalgia
- What happens when revisiting an old favorite doesn't live up to the memory?
- , there are few redeeming qualities about this movie.
But is it a bad movie?
Objectively, yes, that is, by his definition, a good movie. It can be heartbreaking to try and revisit a piece of nostalgia, , Seamus Heaney, and Stephen Jay Gould on his bookshelf as well. Feel free to get in touch with him
- Life Lessons from Amy
- Amy Krouse Rosenthal, author of 28 books for kids, several memoirs for adults, essayist, filmmaker and wish maker, died March 13.
- more when she partnered with my very favorite illustrator, Peter Reynolds, on a few recent books, program for PreK-5th grade with a staff of about 20 teachers and assistants. Always in search of good, ; and Christmas Cookies; Bite-Size Holiday Lessons to her set of cookie-themed picture books, you are with your cookies. You remind me of what is good and possible in this world.”
She, ; two picture books perfect for the classroom, Exclamation Mark and Wumbers; and a pile of picture
- As You Like It
A Few Good Books: October 2017
Emily M, good books I've enjoyed recently. Book Review: A Piece of the World by Christina Baker Kline, that people have attempted to have removed from a bookstore or library. Many books are challenged, , book reviews
and more… Entrypoints to Horror: The Books, decided to offer a sampler of some of my favorite books that I feel are a great place to start