YOU are invited to the ACPL's 2016 Mock Newbery Program.
Every year interested children's librarians, teachers, and parents gather to talk about potential award books. This year we will be meeting on Saturday, December 12th from 2:00 to 6:00, in the Globe Room at the Main Library, for our Mock Newbery discussion.
The list of titles we've been reading all year is on our Pinterest Board. We encourage you to add your comments!
Here is the list of titles we plan to discuss on December 12th:
- Drowned City by Don Brown
- Echo by Pam Munoz Ryan
- Fish in a Tree by Lynda Mullaly Hunt
- Game Changers by John Coy
- George by Alex Gino
- Gone Crazy in Alabama by Rita Williams-Garcia
- Goodbye Stranger by Rebecca Stead
- The Hired Girl by Laura Amy Schlitz
- Listen Slowly by Thanhha Lai
- The Marvels by Brian Selznick
- Most Dangerous: Daniel Ellsberg and the Secret History of the Vietnam War by Steve Sheinkin
- The Thing About Jellyfish by Ali Benjamin
- The War That Saved My Life by Kimberly Brubaker Bradley
Pre-registration for this program is requested. Click here to register. We look forward to talking about books with you!