The Children's Services department and the Young Adults' Services department are now accepting entries in the Allen County Public Library's 33rd annual poetry contest. In honor of our state's bicentennial, the theme of this years contest is I'm a Hoosier!
The rules are simple:
1. The Poetry Contest is open to all children in kindergarten through grade five, and all young adults in grades six through twelve.
2. Only one entry per student.
3. Poems must be student's original work.
4. All entries must be submitted on 8.5" x 11" paper.
5. All entries must have student's name, address, phone number, school, and grade on the back of the poem.
6. Poetry Contest starts on Sunday, September 13, 2015.
7. Poetry Contest ends on Monday, November 2, 2015, 9:00 pm.
8. Criteria for judging of poems includes:
- understanding the concept of a "poem"
- following the "I'm a Hoosier!" theme
9. First, Second, Third and Honorable Mention will be chosen for each grade
10. Winners will be notified by mail.
11. The Poetry Contest Awards Ceremony will be held at 11:00 am on Saturday, December 12, in the Main Library theater.
12. All Poetry Contest entries become the property of the Allen County Public Library.
13. For further information, call the Library at (260) 421.1220.
Sound like fun? Send your entry to: Children's/YA Poetry Contest at the Allen County Public Library 900 Library Plaza Fort Wayne, IN 46802