HOW TO BECOME A PRODUCER
EIGHT SIMPLE STEPS TO PRODUCE A PROGRAM AT ACCESS FORT WAYNE
1. Call Access Fort Wayne to sign up for our Producer Orientation
workshop offered monthly (usually the third Thursday of every month from
6:00 - 8:00 p.m.).
2. Attend a Pre-Production meeting with the Public Access Coordinator.
3. Sign the Rules and Regulations.
4. Schedule production time with any Access Fort Wayne staff person.
5. Pick up a list of volunteers from the AFW office and call your
production crew (two camera operators and one audio operator).
6. Show up on your production date and “do” the show.
7. Once your program is completed, fill out the Request for Playback Contract.
8. Schedule an air date with the Program
Since you may produce as many shows as you want, simply repeat steps 4-8 when you are ready
to produce another program. You may only reserve 2 studio
sessions per month.
If you wish to record outside of the studios using our camcorders, you need to call volunteer camcorder operators to check out equipment and take it to the shoot. If you'd like to become a trained volunteer, please check out our volunteer opportunities page for more information.