ACPL Poetry Contest 2012
Here are the guidelines for the 2012 Allen County Public Library Poetry Contest.
Entries will be accepted from Monday, September 17, 2012 through Friday, November 2, 2012.
The ACPL Poetry Contest is sponsored by the Friends of the Library, Young
Adults Services, and Children's Services.
- The Poetry Contest is open to all children in kindergarten through
grade five, and all young adults in grades six through twelve.
- Only one entry per student.
- Poem must be student's original work.
- All entries must be submitted on 8 ½” x 11” paper.
- All entries must have the following information on the back of the
- Student's Name
- Phone Number
- Poetry Contest starts on Monday, September 17, 2012.
- Poetry Contest ends on Friday, November 2, 2012 at 6:00 p.m.
- Criteria for judging of poems includes:
- understanding the concept of a "poem"
- First, Second, Third, and Honorable Mention will be chosen for
- Winners will be notified by mail.
- The Poetry Contest Award Ceremony will be held on Saturday,
December 8, 2012 at 11:00 a.m.
- All Poetry Contest entries become the property of the Allen County
- For further information, call the Library at 260-421-1220.
Comments and suggestions can be sent to Mary R. Voors, Manager, Children's Services at email@example.com.
Clip art licensed from the Clip Art Gallery on DiscoverySchool.com.